Send money Using CashApp.
1. Open Cash App on your Android or Iphone. It’s the green icon with a white dollar sign inside. If you’ve already installed it, you’ll usually find it in the app drawer. Here’s how to download the app if you haven’t done so already:
- Open the Play Store or App Store.
- Type cash app into the search bar.
- Tap Cash App (the green and white dollar sign icon).
- Tap INSTALL.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.
2. Enter your email address or phone number and and tap Next. Cash App will send you a confirmation code via email or text message, depending on the information you entered. It may take several minutes for the code to arrive.
- If the code does not arrive, tap Help at the bottom-left corner of the screen, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Select how you’ll be using Cash App. If you’ll be selling goods and services, choose Business. If you’ll just be using cash to send and receive cash from friends and family (or to purchase goods and services from others), select Personal.
- You will not be charged a fee to send or receive money with a personal account unless you send payments using a credit card.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to link your bank account. Cash App needs access to your bank account so you can send and receive money. The next screens will walk you through that process.
- You’ll have to provide both the account and routing numbers for your checking account.
6. Supported Cards
Cash App supports standard, U.S.-issued AMEX, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit and debit cards.